The Oxfordshire

The Oxfordshire Golf Club
The Oxfordshire - Rycote Lane - Milton Common - Thame - Oxfordshire
OX9 2PU
01844 278300

Captain’s Meeting

Friday 26th May 2017

Present:  Carl Rundgren (CR), Justin Barnes (JB), Chris Millard (CM), Charlie Varley (CV)

Apologies: Sean Wilson

Previous Minutes: Accepted

Outstanding Item from last meeting:

  • CV mentioned at last meeting that it would be welcomed if more information about the course and course works could be sent out to the members. JB and SW arrange for greenkeepers report to be sent out separately to all the members on a monthly basis.

1)     Pro Shop & Operations (JB)

  • JB had now moved into the glass office next to the Pro Shop along with F&B management team and reception manager.
  • Events team have moved into back office behind reception, currently looking for a replacement for James Shrimpton. Hopeful this would be filled shortly.
  • Ben has been taking on more responsibility allowing JB to concentrate on other areas of the business.
  • Pro shop offers were all in place, Titleist fitting day had been a good success.
  • Upcoming golf events included the Wells Foursomes and Captains Day
  • Pro Manager matches- remained unbeaten thus far.

 

2)     Golf Courses (SW)

  • New member of staff Jack Clegg started 22nd May full time casual over the summer period and another new member of staff Seb Craven started 6th May. Seb works 3 days a week every Saturday Sunday and Monday
  • The new Toro greens mower arrived 22nd May and The Kubota tractor will arrive at the beginning of June
  • The repaired control and modem boards for the irrigation satellites arrived back 24th May all satellites working correctly.
  • The ropes have been brought in apart from an area around the 14th rough.
  • New course signage has been put out “NO CARTS BEYOND THIS POINT” with the addition of traffic posts around areas we don’t want Golf Buggies driving. We will monitor the area by the 11th green and see if the new signage works.
  • Course maintenance days will be June 5th / June 19th
  • Most of the golf course has been sprayed for weeds, we are looking to get an outside contractor in to spray the long rough over the next few weeks.
  • Areas of long rough have been cut back and blown
  • The main jobs on the golf course over the next few weeks will be trying to keep on top of the flush grass growth we are experiencing; this puts a huge amount of pressure on our aging fleet of machines.

3)     Managers’ Report (CR)

  • New F&B manager- Mathew McCabe started a couple of weeks ago and settling into his new role.
  • Bar refurbishment- this on hold for the moment, not able to complete initial refurbishment due to lines needing replacing, so more planning needed to get this done. This project is ongoing but no initial changes will happen as expected. CR will source another bottled ale whilst waiting on the refurbishment to take place.
  • Refurbishment and Reconfiguration of back office, this all completed.
  • H&S Policy and Documents would be changing, new H&S advisors working with Leaderboard would be introducing these to all the centres. CR working through this currently.
  • CR mentioned that he was going to Raffle a spot in the Trilby Tour to the membership. CM said that he would be happy for this to commence at the dinner of Captains Day. CR thanked CM for giving the pro shop team this opportunity.
  • Upcoming Events- Fathers day Lunch, Abba Tribute Night- Music and BBQ- 8th July and Trilby Tour at The Oxfordshire on the 3rd August.

4)     Captains Report (CM)

  • Positive news in that matches were now going well, with win against Woburn being a real highlight.
  • Course in excellent condition thanks to Sean and his team.
  • Competitions had shown good attendance with Blue Monster x 42, Captains day at 73 and Charity Day at 27 teams.
  • CM had been out in Windsor for a race night with the Thames Valley Air Ambulance, they do such great work and were so busy were not even able to be at this event due to the amount of calls for their service.
  • CM thanked the Pro shop team for arranging the minutes silence out on the golf course.

5)     AOB (All)

  • CM asked if some Plastic bags could be placed in the change rooms. JB to source. Also a request for a set of scales. JB to source a set of electronic scales.
  • CM asked CR to look at Pinot Grigio as seemed expensive. The particular bottle purchased is expensive and he would check with wine supplier to see if there was a suitable alternative Pinot Grigio at a lower price.
  • CM reported that some trees were sprouting at the edges of the lakes. CR would check with Sean on next course tour.
  • Tee markers on some days were not square. Sean to please check on this as happening more regularly.
  • CR agreed that Toshi could be made available to cook one evening as a charity item.
  • Discussion over the members table in the bar. JB explained that the members table was reserved at most times but on certain days when members were not playing would be used. CM and CV both agreed that this practice was fine, but JB did agree that the table would always be reserved for the big members days on Tuesday, Thursdays and Sundays.
  • CM had heard of some issues with dishes in the Spike Bar. CR asked for CM to report these days, so that he could discuss with the chef whom was responsible for the cooking of the food.

 

6)     Date of Next Meeting

  • TBC

Minutes Taken by: Carl Rundgren





Created by intelligentgolf version 8.0.6
CONGU® is Copyright Council of National Golf Unions.